Lana Insurance Center Inc

1259 South Broad St
Wallingford, CT 06492

Get Directions

Will auto insurance cover property damage to my own home?

Auto insurance provides drivers with many different benefits. From liability coverage to coverage for damage to your own car, auto insurance is a wise investment. Even if you opt to purchase the state minimum auto insurance coverage, and nothing more, you have many benefits and protections.

As with anything, however, there are a few areas where your auto insurance wouldn’t provide any coverage. Our team at Lana Insurance Center Inc. in Wallingford, CT understands that drivers often have a lot of questions when it comes to what’s covered under their auto insurance policy. We’re here to eliminate the confusion. 

What’s Covered Under a Standard Connecticut Auto Insurance Policy?

If you plan on legally driving within the state of Connecticut, you are required to carry auto insurance. In order to meet the state’s minimum auto insurance requirements, you must carry bodily injury liability at $25K per person and $50K per accident. By state law, you must also purchase property damage liability coverage at $25K per accident. These are the state minimum auto insurance coverage requirements, which means you can always purchase more than the minimum. You can also purchase auto insurance that will provide medical coverage as well as pay for damage to your own car.

What’s Missing?

You may not notice that there’s no provision or coverage for damage you may cause to your own property while driving. If you’re a homeowner, you may have coverage for damage to your own property under your homeowner’s insurance. However, if you don’t own a home, or don’t have homeowners insurance, you may find yourself without coverage for this type of accident. Auto insurance policies typically don’t include coverage for damage to your own property. As a result, it may be a good idea to speak with a member of our team from Lana Insurance Center Inc. in Wallingford, CT.

One of our team members can help you determine the best insurance coverage for property damage. Give us a call. We’re standing by.

Our Partners
  • Guard
  • Liberty Mutual
  • Metlife
  • Nationwide
  • Progressive
  • State Auto
  • Travelers