Renter’s insurance is not mandatory in the greater Wallingford, CT region. However, landlords are increasingly requiring this vital coverage for tenants.
Why You Should Consider Renter’s Insurance
Renter’s insurance isn’t mandatory in Connecticut, but you should get it anyway.
- Your landlord’s property insurance doesn’t cover your belongings. If something happens to the property like a fire, renter’s insurance helps you recover from the loss.
- Renter’s insurance is affordable. Since it doesn’t cover the physical structure, only your personal property, your premiums are relatively low.
- Renter’s insurance covers you if a guest is injured in your home.
Three Common Types of Renters Insurance
Renter’s insurance typically includes three primary types of coverage. These include:
- Liability – Covers you if a visitor is injured in your home.
- Personal Property – Covers the things you own within the home.
- Additional Living Expenses – Covers the reasonable expenses related to being temporarily displaced from your home due to a covered claim.
These do not cover certain specialty items you might own like collectibles, firearms, and jewelry. They also don’t cover your personal medical bills should disaster strike. You can buy riders and coverages to ensure you are fully protected. Lana Insurance Center Inc. has our friendly staff ready to answer your questions about special coverages to ensure you are properly protected.
It’s important to note that the renter’s insurance doesn’t cover flooding damage. If you live in a flood-prone area, you will want to consider having additional flood insurance which can be obtained from the National Flood Insurance Program.
Contact Us Today
When you are ready to protect your investments, call or stop by Lana Insurance Center Inc in Wallingford, CT. Our staff is ready to offer clear answers to all your insurance questions.